View Single Post
Old 12-25-2010, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by NeonKaos View Post
i'm not going to tell you it's not "internal", but I think it isprimarily EXTERNAL because that's how society would view it too. Let's say that poly can be accepted by most mainstream people even if they don't agree with it. Those types of people would view a married relationship with child and property and debts as being on a higher plane or whatever it was you just said. So I think you are just subscribing to that. You've incorporated that mindset all your life, that marriage is a sacrament, so of course you'll carry it over into your poly context.

Sometimes you really over-analyze things.
really neither of us over analyse it as it doesn't make any difference to day to day life. Tonight he used this thread as a good reason shy he shouldn't have to clean up cat puke. grrr

I get what you are saying Neon. Sometimes I forget that society has set Mono and most people up to believe that he would be secondary. This suits him fine and he agrees. I don't subscribe to that notion as I don't think heirarchies at this point in the game suit us any more. We have moved so far beyond that now for me. I rely on both men to be active participants in our family and with me. Mono doesn't subscribe to that, but as long as we are getting along and all our needs are being met, who cares what it is all called really.
Anyone want to be friends on Facebook?
Send me your name via PM
My blog