View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 06:11 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvartSvensk View Post
Yeah, pretty-much. Either he IS gay for boyfriend, and this makes him jealous, or he's got serious issues - not his place to decide who his friend is with or why. Time to get over it and be a good friend. If he has concerns, sure, voice them, and then move on.
Wow i'm so glad people appreciate my chosen metaphor for this situation.

Of course, I wasn't trying to imply that it's all roommate/BFF's fault. Obviously, a lot of it has to do with the way BF reacts to roommate/BFF.

But as I re-read the OP, I decided that there is much more than meets the eye going on in their relationship. I think it's interesting how OP was "replaced" by another long-distance "emotional" girl-friend after moving to the same locality as BF. That, and roommate/BFF doesn't seem to be threatened by the LDR-girlfriend/s. Yes, I said "threatened by". I don't think this issue with BF's friends "not accepting" his relationship with OP has anything to do with the poly factor. Oh sure - poly is a convenient scapegoat. But the whole thing sure reminds me of me when I was in love with one of my female friends many years ago, and I would try to find things wrong with the guys she tried to hook up with. Especially the part about being "pouty" and leaving in a huff. I didn't LIVE with my girlfriend, but if we went somewhere and one of those guys was there, I would refuse to stay. I'll be the first to admit that I was emotionally selfish and immature at that point in my life, and didn't know what to do with myself when something didn't go my way in a sexually-charged situation.