View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohegan View Post
I like getting as many opinions as I can. I like having conversations about situations with as many people as possible.
I don't mind my wife discussing things involving me with a close friend or three, as long as I'm convinced those close friends are reasonably discreet. Were she to be having conversations about situations involving me with as many people as possible, there would be very few situations involving me in the future to discuss--once the divorce were final, there wouldn't be any.

I once sang her a song in voicemail. She thought it was so very cute and shared it with a group of her coworkers. There have been no more songs in voicemail, nor will there ever be another one. I am not a dog and pony show and will not be treated as such by anyone.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.