View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKaos View Post
I met my husband at a bar. Bars are more "real" than dating services, IMO. I didn't go to that bar with the intention of "meeting someone" though. I was there to see a local band and so was he. Neither one of us was there to try to "hook up" or "get laid", although that's what ended up happening.

I must admit (and you guys can hate me for this all you want) that I see dating services as a kind of "last resort" for people who can't find anyone in "real life".

Well, I'm 55 and I don't do the bar scene, actually never did much of that even in college or twenties.

My jobs (paid and volunteer) have a dearth of available men.

I tried meetup.com, but don't want to spend hours hanging out with boring mainstream people in the hopes that one cool one comes along someday.

I could go to poly munches, I have gone to a couple in Boston, but that's 20 miles away. Okc is just so much easier for me! Yeah, I guess it was a last resort and I am just a loser!
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

Mags (poly, F, 62)
Pixie (poly, F, 40) together since 2009
My bf Kahlo (single, poly-friendly, M, 45) since August 2017
Seeing Rick and Glori (MF partnered, both 33 and poly) since September 2017
Master, (mono, M, 36), Pixie's bf for 3+ years