View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma View Post
Can you love a sociopath, unconditionally? Only 4% of the population qualifies, according to a book I just read, The Sociopath Next Door (so sorry, author's name not coming to me). They play on your sympathy, and they have no conscience. They don't "grow" a conscience, either -- they are generally just scheming a new way to manipulate. The book really made me question the idea of unconditional love. I'm not sure who could love these people, really. They can be pitied from afar, but up close and in your life, they will wreak havoc.
However, I do believe it's a worthy endeavor with the other 96% of the world!
Yes you can. I love Karma unconditionaly. Apparently what your book hasn't told you is that most sociopaths will "grow" a conscience as they get older. Not all. But many of them as they become adults, see how others live and react and want the same thing. So they try to get it. some only achieve immitation, but others ,like Karma, put in the hard work it takes to actualy feel and actualy care.

Karma and I have gone through many things that the Karma now would never do. I still love him, I loved him then and I love him now, in spite of and because of, everything we have been through. Honestly, I love him more now, because I have seen how strong he truly is, and how much this means to him.