View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vodkafan View Post
Finding it hard to find time to post on here as Christmas gets nearer. Coming to the end of all the extra overtime. Good things seem to be happening. Especially as my time with my wife has been very limited of late, Christmas could easily be a time of jealousies and resentments. And yet instead there is massive compersion going on.
OHb and I have been colluding on what christmas presents to get for my wife (so we don't get the same things). And he has also bought gifts for each of our children, which I thought was above and beyond the call as he doesn't have too much money. I have bought him a gift and also plan a joint surprise present for them both.
The way we worked it out my wife will be with me and the family for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, but she will spend Boxing day with him. We are all completely happy with this. I am happy that she will be with him that day, as it will give me a "dad day" with the children.
The other night I had a long phone call with OHb and we both said that we would not want to change a single thing. All the pain at the beginning has been worth it. Life is good.
That's it really.
If I don't get back on here in the meantime, I wish you all Merry Christmas and a happy New Year and good luck with all your relationships.
Smiles all around it is worth it isn't it?