View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 03:55 PM

Default Hello from the East Coast

I've been reading this forum for a week now and I just thought I'd say hello and tell you a little about myself before I begin posting on people's threads.

So hello! You can call me Brigid's Daughter for now as I'm just starting to open up with friends about our poly lifestyle.

So let me tell you a little about myself:

I'm 29 years old and live in the upstate NY area. My husband and I have been married ten years and I'd say poly for about half that time, though prior to that we had a pretty open marriage. We've been in our current relationship, for a year and a half, with my best friend and his wife, he's poly and she isn't; she feels incapable of loving anyone but him, but is okay with a friends with limited benefits relationship with us at this point and I can accept that. So far its had its ups and downs, like most of the last five years though the ups have out weighed the downs. Having my husband and my best friend, together, make me happier than I've ever been. I've never felt more safe and loved and just whole, if you know what I mean. I still haven't completely deciphered my feeling for his wife, but I know that its more than just a sexual attraction and I'm happy to have her in my life, but if more is meant to be it will come when the time is right. And I have to say that those occasions when she decides to join us are a lot of fun and a real treat for my husband, who isn't as bisexual as I am. I won't say our arrangement is perfect and there are never any hurt feelings, because there have been, but we're making it work and learning how to communicate better along the way.

Last edited by BrigidsDaughter; 12-15-2010 at 04:30 PM.