Thread: Very new
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somegeezer View Post
Seems like you've been in it for the sex. [doesn't have to be a bad thing!]
Pretty much....and I think it's a terrific thing no shame whatsoever!

Quote:
I don't personally enjoy that the openess is gone when you guys are together again either. Poly isn't something you can just turn on and off.
I guess we're still defining what our relationship exactly is, and that is a protracted process due to the long-distance component. I've just personally started some research into the philosophy of open relationships/polyamory (was aware of terms and the existence of a community but that was that) to help me figure out how I want this relationship to work.

Quote:
I hope you have a good time in whatever it is you're wanting to do though and hope it's something that makes you happy. Because that is the most important thing. =] If you want to talk more personally at anytime, feel free to send a PM my way. Welcome to the site.
Thankyou :-) I agree my personal happiness is my priority - one of my life philosophies now is that ultimately noone else is going to put you first, so you should put yourself first! (when it comes to equal relationships obv.....children are different, I don't have those yet!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
I would think you will know when the time is right. Sometimes people talk about their relationship status on the first date, sometimes the third, whatever feels comfortable. Everyone has their own pace. But when you do talk about it, I don't see it as having to be much harder than saying, "I am seeing someone but we are not exclusive and are free to see other people." At least while you're first getting to know him. If it progresses and he wants to know more details, then supply what you feel comfortable with.
Thanks nycindie. I appreciate the advice to be minimalist about it at first. I have a kind of honesty-diarrhoea - I'm the most transparent person ever and often feel the need to supply unneccesary details about myself! I will always answer anyone honestly even when maybe I should perhaps have more discretion in certain social circumstances. Hence why I feel uncertain about how to handle this, I guess.