View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
I don't think that other women in other cultures would necessarily want what I have created in my life, but I do think that a lot of women would find it a blessing to have the ability and freedom to make ANY choice for themselves and that is what I am talking about here.
Perhaps not...but being able to make meaningful connections with multiple people is universal I would think. Taking that to actually wanting what you have created would potentially be limited by cultural influences...ie, In some cultures it would almost be impossible to have the want develop, the meaningful connections would still happen to be sure - just not acted upon...which is sad. So, if cultures change...people's wants would change overtime. On a different level, we see this as many countries develop...the wants of consumers change with exposure to changing economic conditions and living standards etc. People start to want different things as the opportunity to have them emerges...

Here's to freedom of choice !! Especially to that emerging within cultures where it may currently be more limited !

Now well off topic...sorry. Friendly words between one red head and another