View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 01:19 AM

I consider myself a solo poly person. Also left a long term marriage...and really feel like focusing the next few years on building my life and my interests. I also don't want to co-habit with anyone, and I really like and value my alone time and space...I've a child at home too - so obviously want loads of my time and energy to be spent with him. This does not mean I can't share though..
I don't really have any fixed ideas about what potential relationships would look like...other than the usual - honest, open, caring, respectful, fun etc. My aim would be to build relationships on those foundations....rather than a picture of what they may look like. I like the idea of relationships being purely about the people involved not a bigger picture or script. The idea of marriage and settling down is not appealing to me...and I find if someone tries to put me on that path I feel instantly uncomfortable. It feels much more refreshing and real for me to have relationships about the here and now, and the bond or connection...rather than a predetermined path or script. It's a little hard to describe...but If I feel like someone is interested due to "potential long term partner" or "potential wife", it starts to feel less about me and more about the role I'm expected to play in someone else's life or a script that was written long before I arrived..
I'm not an actress....I don't want to play a role !
Just want to be me...