Thread: Something More
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksbabygirl View Post
I think about being poly. I am still interested in other people - but uncomfortable with poly considering how badly it broke my marriage. For the first time in over 11 years... I don't have a wedding ring indent on my finger. I have considered moving into the spare room while we sort out what broke between us.
((hugs))

I'm willing to bet that it wasn't poly that broke your marriage, instead it probably brought to the forefront other issues that were previously being ignored or dismissed.

I don't really have experience with poly yet, but was inches from divorce back in July. I discovered an affair again... I completely flipped out. 3 days later, I called and made an appointment with a marriage councelor. Things between us have changed so drastically that we aren't even on the same planet we were on before. Sex with other people was not what broke our marriage. The inability to communicate to each other did. I don't think we could have fixed this on our own, we needed that objective third party.

My husband and I have been married for 19 years and have been harboring resentments and disapointments for almost that long, but we didn't even realize it. For most of our marriage, we were just existing.