Thread: Coming out
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by TruckerPete View Post
I think we've got it easy, compared to some situations I've read about here. We're all happy with our roles in each other's lives and are getting our needs met.
Says YOU Wife. You've got a new role, as the wife, please refer to this: for the job description :P I kid love.

TP is right about the mixed reactions. The worst I had was a closer than close friend reacted badly. She went off about the sanctity of marriage, what will we tell the as yet unconceived (or ill-conceived) children, etc. etc. eventually she calmed down (in a day or so) and went the "whatever makes you happy" route.

Originally Posted by booklady78 View Post
I find that the best advice in coming out is to be prepared to answer questions and address genuine concerns, but unless you're very confident and comfortable, it's not worth getting into a debate over.
I guess this is what I feel. I am not comfortable with the eventuality of having my family blow up. It's a response that isn't likely, but I really don't know. I have no issue with having friends blow up, but my family and I are close and I am petrified of their response, and possible rejection. Because at it's heart, a bad response is a rejection of the life I lead.
Polyamory is wrong! It's Multiamory or Polyphilia. Mixing Greek and Latin roots? That's wrong.