View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 04:52 PM

Hmm, let's see here, one year later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarechild View Post

a) Remains faithful to the earth; overcomes personal resentment of the natural order and embraces life for what it is.
b) Promotes personal health and affirms the body’s natural instincts.
c) Quests alone—seeks the most difficult challenges and overcomes them, alone.
d) Creates own values.
e) Affirms selfishness as a virtue over altruism.
f) Seeks true reciprocal friendships to be core relationships.
g) Commits to self-mastery and self-overcoming in which self-pity from victimization has no place.
My life has changed so completely this year, and yes, I am still struck by the powerful simplicity of accepting that we are part of the natural order, and in that order is human nature, which must seek for itself if it is ever to touch the truth of others.

Thanks for bringing this back on my radar. A little part of the journey I've been on to become myself entirely.

I agree that these are ideals like any other philosophy, and cannot all be pinned to a person at once to create a superman, but rather make one think about how to conduct a life from where we stand in the present, looking out around us into the weather, and continuing to make decisions, right and wrong, but continuing doggedly.

Brings to mind a passage a friend sent me recently written by Marianne Williamson:

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.' We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." (A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of "A Course in Miracles", Harper Collins, 1992. From Chapter 7, Section 3])

Being strong and responsible for our own souls is terrifying. It is so difficult not to let distractions rule our existence, and to realize how incredibly precious our time is here in this life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaylightStirring View Post
I only lived in the French Quarter for two months but I'd love to hear your thoughts on it RC.
NOLA- whole different story, definitely a part of who I am and how I see the world. Two months, eh? Yeah, I nearly offed myself holding on for nine. But I survived it. What did you want to hear about? (And thanks for asking)

I love Catfish and Charlie.