Originally Posted by redpepper
I thought I would add more to is as it's so juicy and ripe, it needed more juice.
On the FB group I belong to we have been talking about the foundations of poly and this is what has come up so far. Admittedly, most of it from me...
I am adding the building blocks now that the foundation is underway... I will add that in another post.
here it is.
Edit · Delete
Poly Foundations - Thoughts?
- * Self-knowledge
- * Acting consistently so that others might trust your intention and way of being.
- * Confirming to others that your values, morals and ethics are not going to change, but that you are flexible within them.
- * Self respect
- * Respect for others
- * Not making assumptions about who others are but finding out and cherishing that
- * Honesty
- * True desire to share
- * Checking in with others
- * Asking for what one needs and giving to others what they need
- * Checking in on what a persons personal description and definition is for themselves on poly and poly related topics and issues.
- * Active listening
- * Intuition
- * Being compassionate with other peoples feelings
- * Meeting people where they are at with no expectations
- * Trust your gut not rationalizations
- * Separating ego from a relationship with another long enough to allow ourselves to really feel what it might be like to be in their shoes.
I like this too RP..what is the name of the FB group? Me and my bf would both be interested in taking a look