View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
It's is kind of a rite of passage for newbies to be flirted with at poly meets. After all, we all need to know who's dateable amongst the small population of poly people. I wouldn't take it as any more than a complement and enjoy.
Good to know. I wasn't upset or anything, just felt out of my element and unsure of what was going on. I guess we should all be thankful there's a place we can flirt and be flirted with without anyone wagging fingers! LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
I love it when newbies come for the first few times and are excited to be there and super flirty. What makes me kind of sad is that I sometimes get flirted with and then they find out I'm not available sexually and don't bother talking to me after that.
That sucks. I would hope that anyone else I meet going forward would be open to "just" friendship as well -- because, while I would like to get laid, that's not why I went to the party! I mean, I need friends too.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein