View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 10:57 PM

I was joking the other day on facebook about liking telepathy as my favourite method of communication. It struck me just now that although I was only joking there are times that my needs aren't met simply because I don't put my needs out there to those who I need things from. Somewhere deep in my brain is the belief that "if they really loved me they would know what I need". And then there is the other thought of "if I don't tell them what I need I can't be turned down".

Putting your needs out there does put you in a vulnerable position. I don't like to think that I have needs that I can't take care of all by myself. Admitting that you have needs and desires and wants puts you in the position of being laughed at or rejected.

It's silly that all of this has just occurred to me. From this point forward I'm going to take a deep breath and allow myself to have needs and to give those I love the opportunity to fulfil those needs. (There isn't anything specific right at this moment...my brain has just been processing).