View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 05:38 AM

Given your previous posts, I'm assuming that this is the crossroads you are facing? If so, I am sorry that you are in such a difficult position. It must be overwhelming and painful. I don't claim to know what you're feeling but I do think it's important to recognize that a lot of people both women and men stay in relationships that hurt them. In the short term, it is easier to stay, you avoid confrontation and you only have to face the demons you know rather than unfamiliar ones. In the longer term, however, it is far better to do what is healthy. You deserve to be treated with kindness and respect and love. If your family doesn't understand a decision to leave an abusive relationship, they are very confused. I know the economy is bad and losing your financial security and housing must be terrifying. I've never faced that. But there are some resources and your happiness, IMO, is worth the risk. Maybe you could save up for awhile or stay with a friend? Don't give up on creating a good life for yourself. I'm so sorry that you're going through this.