View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDreadful View Post
It's been quite interesting reading the comments here about US homeschooling and the reasons behind it... I was rather under the impression that it was only religious nutters and brain-fried hippies that did it and am glad to have been proven wrong! I'm also a little shocked at how bad the school system seems to be in many states... here in the UK our schools ain't perfect but I don't think any of them are that bad! (well maybe one of our local ones here is but that's more down to it covering a really bad area of town and therefore getting the worst kids)
Ummm, yeah. We've got lots of "bad areas" in the States. If you mean poor people who don't pay much taxes for school facilities, and whose kids grow up in situations where they feel they need gang protection to survive.

Quote:

Wait... what? What did they think Independence Day was all about?
How about "America is Number One! And we're gonna prove it by drinking lots of Bud and shooting off fireworks in each others' faces!" ?
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37