View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL4everu2 View Post
All very interesting points.

What irritates me, is that MOST (not all, but most) of the women I have dealt with, are sincere about their feelings, while MOST (not all) men that my wife and I have dealt with, have had one thing in mind....getting laid. They could care less about the relationship as long as they get laid. Then once they get the punnany, they are gone like a fart in the wind. Whereas the women we have dealt with, have tried to stick around for some time.
I am dealing with this now. Every man I have met in the last few months, yes, every single one (around 8) have only wanted sex from me. They see "poly" and think A: I'm really just cheating on my bf and i'll screw them asap or B: I'm only poly because I can't get enough sex.

This drives me crazy.

I wonder if the fact that I am already attached to my bf makes the other men think that I am only good for one thing when it comes to them, and that's sex. They seem to think that it is not possible to have a normal relationship with more than one person at a time. Be it sexual or just good friends.

The double standard rule has also gotten in my way recently. My bf is still uncomfortable with me dating other men but he doesn't see it that way. He thinks that I just make bad choices because the few men I am attracted to are nothing like him. In his head that means they don't (shouldn't) exist in my life.