View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfusedBunny View Post
Part of the problem is, I have only ever dated one other guy. My first boyfriend was at the age of 21 and I met my current boyfriend at the age of 23 (I am now 28). I grew up really wanting a boyfriend and not having one for most of my life. And it wasn't from lack of trying - I must have asked out about a dozen guys. Only those two that did become boyfriends ever said yes. No one ever asked me out. No one in high school thought I was worth their time to even go out one single date with me.
I can totally relate to this. The truth is that my lack of experience with sex on top of my mother's prudish teachings had a serious negative impact on my marriage for a lot of years. I have now been married for 19 years, but it has been really rough.

I agree that couples counceling is the best place to start and sooner rather than later. It sounds like he has a lot of resentment built up and there are things that have not been addressed between the two of you.

Do not add kids to the equation until you can get a better grip on your relationship.