View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
I apologize if I am reading this wrong, but it sounds to me like he is toying with you when he changes the subject. He likes the idea but won't take it any further. Is he in a relationship of his own? I am also in that situation where if I begin to 'toy' he changes the subject to mundane things - and it is so annoying that I've stopped 'toying' with him. I'm reminded of that dreaded quote, "He's just not that into you." I'm not saying this is happening to you, but I'd be aware of the smaller signs to see if he is causing more of a divide between you and your husband with his "innocent" games. His ego is fed because he knows he's got your attention, so he'll toy until he thinks it's gone too far. Just sharin' my two pennies - you can take 'em for what it's worth or gladly leave 'em at the door
As someone who can block with mundane conversation. Its might not be a game. Or toying. It could be discomfort. Its a defense mechanism that works effectively for not ending a conversation but dragging it back to somewhere comforting.