Thread: New
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 04:02 PM
Spaminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemondrop View Post
.... Recently, I've become aware that another couple with kids would like to be polyamorous with us--not swinging, which we don't do, but actually long-term grow-old-together family.
Hmm. If you all know each other as friends and everyone feels mutually interested in this sort of an exploration, how nice! I can't even imagine couples "dating" other couples, however -- in the sense of getting off on the foot where there's a desired outcome other than friendship, or whatever. It's just too complicated for me! But then, I think "dating," per se, is really weird, anyway. I like the idea of hanging out with a person and seeing if you can be friends, and if you can be friends and there is an interest--as friends--in swapping kisses, great! But I think starting out with a plan is just weird, and too complicated--especially when compounded by numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemondrop View Post
I'm familiar with polyamory through close friends, but their relationship did not work out and some people argue that it was because of the polyamory.
When monogamous relationships don't work out, is it the fault of monogamy? Most folks would think that's just silly to suggest that it must be. But why should polyamory be declaired the reason a poly relationship didn't work out?

LOTS of mono- relationships don't work out!

Last edited by River; 04-21-2009 at 09:32 PM.