View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 07:14 AM

Just finished a blissful four day weekend at home with Mr. Unicorn for his birthday. It's been very loving and the perfect mini vacation that we needed from our brutal commuting schedule. There were many sins of decadence committed, including a bacon and vodka breakfast today!

Hung out with local guy and his wife late on Sunday. It's the first time I've really spent any time around her, and I had a really fun time. She and I got into a conversation about what a damn small world it is here in this state... before I met them, I've heard about them from several different sources over the course of several years, including the fact that my friend Pearl used to work for her. I told her I had a moment of "oh THOSE people!" Also, Mr. Unicorn used to play in their house as a child. It gave us a laugh to have our topic illustrated so cleanly.

I find I have a difficult time remembering that I can contact people when I'm at home. When I'm at home, I'm at HOME, and I don't really want to do anything except for BEING AT HOME. I am always happy to hear from people when they get in touch with me, but the idea that I can initiate that is... just not something I ever seem to remember.

Just something for me to keep in mind. There are all sorts of opportunities I'm missing to talk to Passport because I forget I can...