View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelia View Post
Are you wifey's husband? You seem to have inside information.
Yes I am the husband. See Second Start.... Nikki Just joined yesterday...she should be posting on here soon SlikkNikk is her tag...

Quote:
That's not that uncommon, especially with women who are only accustomed to dating men, manly men in particular. For many generations, women have been enculturated to demur, to follow the man's lead in romantic situations, and to make their wishes known in such a way as to encourage men to take the initiative. Perhaps in this situation the ladies are falling into that old dynamic, even though it no longer works. It is definitely another area where more communication between all parties is needed.
I would have to agree here...I know lots of the relationships that Both Wifey and SlikkNikk have been in they have been more sub then dom

Quote:
That strikes me as a strong, masculine approach. It's certainly not what I was taught was appropriate behavior for ladies who are courting. Again, the possibility of old dynamics playing out when they no longer apply. I'm not saying that's necessarily what's happening, I'm just saying it's worth considering.
I think a man and a woman can take the same action and one be masculine and the other feminine.

Quote:
Oh! And it's not good baseball, either. The pitch has to be in the strike zone before a smart player will swing on it.
Good point... I guess I should have said you can't always wait for a fastball and that other pitches are just as good as long as they are in the strike zone.

Last edited by polytriad; 11-16-2010 at 08:23 PM.