View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKaos View Post
I'm a little curious about why you folks seem perfectly able to communicate these things to all of us on here but seem less able to do so amongst yourselves.
I have found that there are certain things I can communicate better in a "blog post" than I can verbally or in a direct e-mail. Maybe because when I try to speak directly to the person (usually my husband), I'm afraid it will come across as acusatory or critical and to be honest, sometimes it has come across that way. When I post on my blog, it is written down as my feelings and I usually have time to re-read and proof what is said. It also gives others time to digest what was said and they are not forced to respond immediately, which in my husband's case works really well because he needs time to process.

@Wifey: It does seem there is a lack of communication and maybe it is time to look into new and different ways to communicate.

Learning to identify your needs and taking action to get those needs met takes some getting used to. I recently recognized some things missing in my life. I haven't had any time to do anything proactive about it yet, but the need was recognized, my husband and I talked about it and I now have a goal to work toward. This has made a big difference in my outlook on a lot of things. I know that in order to meet this need, I have to make the initiative and it will require me to step outside my comfort zone more often than I would like, but in the end I think it will be worth it.