Thread: Mono for now...
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post
Well, it does seem to drag on and on and.... So I can understand your wondering. Maybe what's best for you here is to simply be supportive of her in a general way--, rather than to "this particular situation". This could take the form of sharing any skepticism you may have about "this particular situation" and thus allowing her to do a "sounding board" thing with you. But I bet you've already been doing that.
Yeah, as much as I can. I don't want to repeat myself too much and discourage her from listening, but I do sometimes voice my doubts... and she does too. It's a tough balance, but I'm doing okay so far.

They were thinking about having a cyber "date" today... their first in a while... but no one knows if it's going to happen or not. I told her I think she should hold out until he shows up for real.

Maybe I should have a chat with him. Not a hostile or accusatory chat, just to get to know him, try to discover what he's dealing with, and see what improvements can be made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post
That's pretty honest. And that's good!
Thanks, I'm trying. I've found that you can't really hope to solve any of your problems unless you first see things for what they really are, not what you'd like them to be (much less what you think others expect them to be!)