View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 11:40 PM

I'm feeling a sense of peace now that we've all gotten through the last couple of weeks. And this weekend we get to spend alone time with our OSOs. DH is not in the greatest of moods... I'm thinking it's because he feels down on himself for household responsibility stuff, ebbs in libido, and a recent birthday. He says it's not the upcoming weekend (and has pinned it, himself, to these other things), though he has expressed concern that he's not in the right mindset for the weekend yet. I was actually able to let Jean know that he's not in a good place right now. I've always feared talking to her, but we both seem to be opening up more. I am truly grateful for her friendship. The funny thing is, no matter how hubby feels right now, I have this gut feeling that the weekend with Jean is exactly what the doctor ordered. I don't know what it is about Jim and Jean. There's no doubt the relationship with them has been challenging, but on the other hand, there's something about them that brings out the best in us.

In the meantime, I think I need to let go of any fear about the emotional place hubby is in (my gut reaction is a defensive one ~ what have i done?), and just love him to death.