View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
Definitely this.
I don't care as much about NRE. I want that comfortable "hominess" that comes from knowing you are accepted completely MUCH more.

This too. I don't need material objects. I much prefer to have the meaningful knowledge that the feeling is mutual.

DEFINITELY this.

All WONDEFUL answers.

I aim towards sustainability and long-term relationships. With a great deal of success actually.
But one of the keys is that I don't aim for any of my relationships to meet a specified dynamic criteria.
Such as "this is my boyfriend"-maybe for a time, maybe forever, maybe never. Whatever.

GG is my friend. He is also NOW my boyfriend. He may at some point not be my boyfriend anymore. But he will ALWAYS be my friend.

Once a friend always a friend. How much further intimate we get can ebb and flow-but once a friend, always a friend is pretty much how my life works out...
OK, the multi quote isn't working .

Any way....Hominess!!! Yes, that's what I need. I need to feel as though we've known each other forever! When I go to hang out at Possibility's house I KNOW I can still retreat into myself, no matter how many people are there or what's going on, & they'll let me do so. They understand that need to retreat & regroup very well. Here at home, not so much, I just can't retreat with my kids around.

I don't need the material stuff either. I need the touches, the quiet together moments, the KNOWLEDGE that they are there when I need people around without the demands of having to be there mentally.

There is so much else in these replies that resonate with me that this post would become way too long if I were to get into them, lol.