View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 07:00 PM

@GS- Thanks agains for your feedback. You know, I don't know what I know at this point as far as she is concerned. I did have my regular meet up with my male partner last night and we are on the same page but he has to sit and speak with her so they can figure out where she 'truly' is and, in turn, where 'they' are before he and I will know what options he and I have.

Personally, I have always been a brutally honest person (though I do try to exercise some tact at least 50% of the time) with myself and with others. I don't put up my hologram for anyone (well, I may turn her on just a bit in Corporate America). I have been a 'this is me, take me as I am or move the hell around' type of person for at least 15 years. Yes, I know, this is not the norm for many and it is hard for people to allow themselves to connect with a person like that because it forces them to take a long, hard look at themselves. Well, that Look is not as bad as people think...it's refreshing, revealing, and liberating but I understand so many are not ready for that type of scrutiny of self. So, I don't have an issue with total honest and operate that way in my daily life regardless of the relationship type it is applied to. I don't know any other way to live. Then again, I began straying from the viewpoints and bandwagon of modern society as a teenager and have never looked back so there is much about my experiences and viewpoints that do not get approval.

You are right, GS. Maybe she did take the 'go with the flow' approach so I wouldn't fault her for that. However, where does her verbal and physical expressions of emotional connection, interests in my sexual satisfaction, and attraction fall into that 'go with the flow' approach? Where does the line cease at giving an honest effort hoping your original perspective can broaden along the way and turn into leading someone on by intentionally acting in a way that doesn't support that perspective?