View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
Add this to the fact I don't want to see people I hang out with naked, aroused or doing it and sometimes I wonder just how prudish I seem. Yet I will gladly go to a public BDSM event and take great pleasure and pride in Redpepper flogging my naked ass....hmm in those instances I have seen friends naked and it doesn't bother me. I don't pay any attention to it. Maybe that's because I don't find it particularly sexual?
Why not just look at it as options. The swingers may look at bdsm as something abnormal. Judging the lifestyle because of a few people or because of the assumed way it works is dangerous land to tread on.

The lifestyle itself is not the problem, the people can be. BDSM, for example, has a whole slew of wrong with it to. The abuse (the abused or the abuser), the masked problems of depression and anxiety being hidden by acts of violence. BDSM is vilified in the public perception and with good reason imo. The "why" of some peoples bdsm are as dangerous as the acts itself. And this coming from a dominant sadist who likes to spank nice milky white bottoms (female only of course). You like bdsm, some people are voyeurs and exhibitionists.

In swinging there are obviously people who are doing it for the wrong reasons, or are just dicks about it. But don't judge the people doing it, don't hold people to a lower standard because they do something you don't like.

Do you like that being done to you and your friends in regards to poly?

Anyways, thats my 2cents. There are dicks in every lifestyle, its not the lifestyles fault.