View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 06:28 PM

Ahhh, yes that is a whole different ball of wax. Take my opinion with a grain of salt, but your wife's expectations are unrealistic. I learned this lesson the hard way under similar circumstances.

Relationships in general tend to spark out of things that we can't explain, acts that are hard to reproduce, and connections that you can't force. Your wife's affections are not going to be the same as yours for Nikki, nor hers for your wife or you. Each relationship is likely to be independent with its own quirks, wonders and faults. While it's easy to want to bind them together with a 'we all rise and fall together' attitude, it's just not that simple in my opinion.

A corporate project with its various components is easy to assemble, disassemble, and break down its failures with a minimum of hurt feelings. Celebrations are quick, metered and then over with. A polyamorous relationship is nothing like that. Thinking that you can force the same 'production' out of different people under similar circumstances is folly. You may all celebrate together, but like with any multi-person effort, human beings vary and so too do their results.

Your wife's want for equality all the way around is admirable, but incredibly difficult to attain. Make sure that she won't be too upset if this lofty ambition doesn't come to fruition.