View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
we have had an unfinished bathroom for going on six years now
Glad I'm not the only one with unfinished bathrooms. In fact I still have holes in almost every room in the house from when my husband and his dad re-wired the whole thing. I didn't have the money to hire the drywall repair, and I keep putting it off, it's been 3 years now.

How do you create interest for people? It was the same issue with you moving in Mono... it's all here. All here in this very thread the process of pulling teeth in order to get him to move forward to do something that he doesn't hold value in and costs money. BAH! drives me crazy.
With my husband, something has to actually break, leak, or catch fire before it ever becomes a priority to even look at.

For the washer, my suggestion would be to approach it as trying to avoid a last minute purchase because it decided to bite the dust (like the water heater). Ask him to research which one would be the best energy saver vs the cost, etc.(make it his idea). Ask him to start a special savings fund to go toward a new washer in say 6mo-1yr or so. As you well know with the water heater, having to replace big ticket appliances last minute due to major failure sucks.

I am not in a position to treat my friends to things like British night any more. Actually I went into debt for that one.
It may not be as elaborate, but assign each guest to bring something specific. BYOB works too.

I won't be able to feed people when we go camping or go out to events as much and buy drinks.
This has been bothering me all day. Do you normally "treat" all your friends when you go out? I can understand every once in a while with one special friend, but not on a normal basis. We go out with friends and family and everyone buys their own drinks and meals. We go camping and we either bring our own food or we split the cost between everyone. It concerns me that you feel the need to always provide meals and drinks for others (I'm not talking about someone out of a job or struggling financially for some reason).

I'm sitting in the back of my parents vehicle having just been told not a half hour ago by my dad that I am getting fat again. What is that shit?! I gain ten pounds because I'm not running right now because I hurt my knee and he thinks he has the right to tell me I'm fat! I told him that it is never okay for him to mention my weight and asked him to consider his words before talking to me about such things.