View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyotherB View Post
Intellectually, I know that it makes sense for her to not want me to be there and drag her down, and truly I can think of things I'd rather do than be at a convention about World of Warcraft.
I'm just having a hard time being the old worn out stuffed rabbit, sitting on the shelf while she plays with her new shiny RC car she got for her birthday, you know?
It's probalby not that she doesn't want you there, but that she knows you would be misserable if you did go and therefore so would everyone else. I was actually relieved that my husband had someone that was willing to go to all the BORING stuff that I absolutely hated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyotherB View Post
Doesn't help that to keep her happy over the last 7 years, I basically torpedoed my social life, so all I have to do while she is out is watch the kids.
Quick, send the rescue crew after your social life. I did this, but not because it made my husband happy, but because he was so busy doing his thing, I felt I had no choice. The problem was that he knew I would be there to take care of the kids, so he volunteered for more stuff, while I turned stuff down because I knew he wouldn't be home on that night. I tend to be a bit of a hermit/homebody anyway and will use any excuse to stay home. This gave me an excuse, but looking back I found that I had distanced myself from friends and I wasn't happy not having a social life. It wasn't my husbands fault, but MINE. I let it happen and it was up to me to fix it. It's still a work in progress.