View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 03:31 AM

Location: i am in the Navy, and have been for almost 14 years, therefore my location isAll over the damn place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariakas View Post
......The mono in a married couple with one side going poly has an uphill battle. The thing I have observed, and this isn't always the case, is that the mono tends to be too reliant on the partnership instead of realizing there are other relationships out there. So many I have seen online, have no friends outside of the monogamous relationship.

This creates a real problem when the poly person starts going out. They are so dependent on the relationship that they feel loneliness. They start to go out and build other friendships and that helps. But then what? While processing their partner being poly they could possibly process it for themselves.
.........I wonder how things would be for them if they had a social life outside of the monogamous relationship, if they had friends to lean on in and weren't so dependent on the primary relationship...... not directed at anyone specific

I have also been worried about this point that Ariakas made in another thread. I think it is most often true that to find the source of any unhappiness we suffer, we need look no further than ourselves.
Sadly, realizing the root of an issue is a hell of a lot different than fixing it