View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 06:43 PM

Location: i am in the Navy, and have been for almost 14 years, therefore my location isAll over the damn place

GS,

Thank you for your advice. My problem right now is that my heart isn't nearly as level as my head. I fear that my wife's ( let's call her B ) need for more than just me is affecting how I feel about her. For almost 20 years, she has been my everything. Everytime she is away, I feel rejected. I can feel the dynamic between us changing, and it scares me. Alot. I don't want to want someone else, but the empty space her other relationships are placing on my heart are making me wonder if I will continue to be happy with her alone.

The way I am made, I need someone to NEED me. I know she loves me, but it feels on a way that she is moving on from me, and the fact that I am not everything to her any longer may make her less of what I need to be happy.

I don't want to be insecure. It is unattractive and weak. I fear what pursuing another relationship will do to our rapidly changing relationship.
I feel like I want things back the way they were over a year ago.

My head knows that ship already sailed. Adapting to this and finding a way for us to be happy together in this new landscape is going to be.... Challenging .

I think that long walk alone is in order.