View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 12:06 AM

Default a not-poly conundrum

Hi, I want to begin by saying that I understand the poly lifestyle and it appeals to me, but I'm currently in a monogamous LTR of six years with my bf. My problem is this: I love and respect my boyfriend deeply, but I'm also in love with a male friend. I haven't told my boyfriend or my friend this. My boyfriend knows I have a hard crush on the friend, but he doesn't know that I love him. I'm pretty sure the friend might know I like him quite a bit, but he doesn't know more than that. I've thought about this for six months, and I can't shake or deny that I love this other man. I am debating telling my boyfriend. I think about this friend every day. I don't know if I will tell him how I feel, but I want to. I think about it a lot. My ideal situation would be that my boyfriend understands how I feel and isn't hurt and he allows me to enter into a relationship with this other guy, and I confess my feelings to this other guy and he returns them. BUT I know just how unlikely this is. I just want to know what you think about me telling my boyfriend, and how can I cope with being in love with this other guy and not being able to act on it.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts.