View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 04:52 PM

Redpepper recently posted about a party that is specific in who can attend despite not being a swinger party. Single women and "selected single men" is a statement that irritates me.

When I hear that it makes me think of two things. That men are considered predatory as opposed to women, and that the people at the party are more capable to deal/accept predatory women as opposed to a predatory man.

Basically any vagina is welcome because we can deal with that and the more holes the better, but a rogue penis is too threatening to our women and men.

Sadly I find this reiterates my sense that women are chattel and used for bartering.
I don't think this would bother me accept for the possibility that I will pull back from more social opportunities solely based on one aspect of who people are.

I think as long as the events are purely social and nothing to do with sexuality I would be ok and therefore could get to know people on other levels, but unfortunately for me it seems as though everything is attached to some label.

I guess I need to accept that I am sexually tolerant in that I'm not going to run through the streets with a torch trying to burn the sinners, but I am not sex positive in the activities I want to participate in. I find this isolating and a bit worrisome. I thrive on alone time so isolation doesn't bother me but it makes me miss the comfort of my old community and that takes away from my social enjoyment.

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over

Last edited by MonoVCPHG; 10-18-2010 at 04:55 PM.