View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by newbee86 View Post
He recently texted me and told me that he had herpes. Number 1, I felt disrespected that he didn't call me, as this is a HUGE conversation that needs to be had. I have scheduled testing for myself, (though once we started adding partners I insisted we use protection), but I am having mixed emotions.
I would agree, I think things like this should be spoken. At the very least a text saying you need to talk about something important. Thats my take anyways.

I don't know if I want to continue our relationship, not so much in a emotional sense but in a sexual sense. I don't really know what to feel. I honestly don't think I want to risk contracting the virus as it is so unpredictable. I love this man, maybe less than I used to as time and distance has separated us. I don't want him to think that I find him disgusting or that I don't feel for him any more, but the risk just seems too high.
You have every right to protect yourself, educate yourself and decide what the risk means to you.

Is it time to call it quits and just suggest a more friendly relationship? I know he'd be understanding that I don't want to continue a sexual relationship, but I almost feel like I am betraying him. It must sound stupid. I don't really know what to do.
No one can tell you that. You need to figure out what the weight of the relationship is vs the risk you potentially have vs what you want. ...its a tough balancing act.