View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerUnicorn View Post
Saturday morning Mr. Unicorn was full of bouncy, nervous, excited energy about the day's D&D session he was preparing for and I just needed a break in order for me to find my own excitement. I had wanted a relaxing morning and it was clear I wasn't going to get it. Maca invited me over for a cup of coffee and I got to meet LR and GG and Sour Pea, who was an adorable ball of energy, all in a whirlwind 40 minutes. All the excellent chaos was exactly the sort of distraction I needed, and I came home feeling refreshed and excited about the day's game, which ended up being a lot of fun.

All of this is a big change from my previous routine of "I stay home with Mr Unicorn and do nothing" and things between the two of us have been very good because we're appreciating the time we have together much more.

I feel more balanced, more myself, and I am beginning to realize I can't feel that way without the support of others. It's scary, but it feels so, so good.
It sounds like a busy & self-informative week

The bolded portion really hits home with me . That's how we usually are--stay home, cuddle, watch a movie. Yesterday totally wasn't like that! We were both busy with our own thing. Today is the family Thanksgiving dinner & then Breathes and I will reconnect tonight.

It is scary getting out there in the big, wide world but once we do the rewards are so very worth it.