View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 12:59 AM

Quote:
So I'm curious to know: Have you ever been in a situation in which you felt it was for the best to tell people that you're poly? If you've told anyone outside the poly community, how did you bring it up?
Yes, I have been in this situation before. I told my two friends that i've known for 15 years that I was in a bi-poly. relationship. I didn't sugarcoat it or anything like that, I had them meet me at my house and just straight-up told them. They were kind of surprised and they expressed their concerns about the pros and cons of poly. relationships but I told them I will learn to accept any downfall that occurs. They said some hurtful things while voicing their opinions, but I knew they were just worried about me being hurt in the long run. I told them if they no longer wanted to be friends with me I would understand and would not get mad if they decided to cut me off. They told me they just hoped I found what I was looking for and didn't want to see me hurt. It took them a few weeks for them to adjust to how I changed and I didn't try to force it on them. Since then, they got used to me and our relationship is back on track. I don't regret telling them and i'm grateful they continue to stand by my side, despite their feelings on the poly. lifestyle.