View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1npt View Post
I bet we've touched a lot of lives on here, whether we know it or not. Perhaps it's the simplest form of activism there is? Maybe we can invoke a quiet poly revolution?
Coming from a somewhat activist background I have to admit I have lost my energy for this one (poly activism that is).... I go to our local Pride Parade every year and have done so since the very first one 14 years ago. I go now to find my community all together and celebrating difference. Back in the day it was from an activist stance as we were yelled at and things thrown at us. Back then it was a 100 or more people. This past summer it was over 10,000 queer friendly people! That is about the same size as the town I grew up in! I weep to think of the change I have participated in. I thought it so small at the time, and it was, but just by being me and being strong in my convictions that the life I lead was a positive one I helped make that change. I don't for one second think that just because I am not out there asserting my rights by yelling and holding banners that I am not making a difference. Even if people don't agree with me, and I am sure there are many, I still make a difference in creating a way for them to decide that they disagree with me.