View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 04:09 AM

Default Marriage, Love, and Extended Vacations

So... I'm new to the poly thing. I've found it very freeing. It's nice to have two best friends, and my husband's about as intense as it gets(in a good way, believe me) so it's nice to share his... enthusiasm... with another friend. We have a daughter who's beautiful, and while his job drives him nuts we're both happy with it. All said, life's pretty good right now with prospects to get a lot better.

I guess right now I'm struggling on two things right now. First is a Long Distance Relationship with my husband. I guess that's pretty standard. The Second is this finding happiness as a fledgling poly when it clashes rather badly with his job. Right now, it's not a problem. He's gone on his 'Extended Vacation' as he likes to call it. He can't join in, so there's nothing he can get in trouble for, but when he gets back we're both like to make whatever happens with whoever I meet into something serious... and I don't know how to do it with him doing what he does. The Army looks down on poly to the point of making it a bit of a rules violation. Living with someone "as If" they're married, or sleeping with someone who isn't your spouse are both punishable actions. So... I know it can be done, and done to satisfaction, but are there any other military polys that can share their experience?

Last edited by Elvaanmonk; 10-05-2010 at 04:11 AM.