View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage View Post
But if you look at the thread "Is poly worth it" it's predominantly positive. I look around at all my old mono friends and they may not have the emotional roller coaster rides that poly relationships often include but they are mostly a lot less healthy, honest and dynamic than my relationship and I'm sure yours. Many of them are "affairs in waiting".

I have also had kids and a long mono relationship peppered with affairs, so maybe that has helped me get where I am. I don't have any illusions about a mono relationship necessarily being any better than a poly one just because it's mono. Any relationship is only as good as the people in it.

I love reading your stuff, the way you process and attempt change. I really wish I could be as non-judgemental as you. I think I need to work on my selfishness. Yeah I am poly and love is something I like to share, but I need to really just learn to live and let live and not be so quick to wish for everyone to be the same in how they think and process. You are one cool mono Kiwi!