View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundedSpirit View Post
Let me see if I can add to anything for clarity sake........

Are there women who have only been exposed to a mono culture, been presented with an option of being the mono partner of a poly love mate and have chosen that option - NOT necessarily (or purely at least) out of love or infatuation, but because they sat down, analyzed the pros & cons, and made a conscious choice (WITH an open mind) to give it a try.

A situation where it made sense and the pros seemed to outweigh the cons, even though it seem to go against everything they had learned prior ?

Curious...........

GS
I really hope I'm not pulling this off topic...
I usually lurk because I am not poly, but am curious about it, so usually, I really don't have anything to add.
That being said, you were wondering if a woman who was only exposed to a mono lifestyle (this would be me) -if presented with an option to be a poly relationship (I have not, but for the sake of this conversation, let's say I have) decided to accept the poly nature of said relationship NOT because of infatuation with said man, but b/c I have rationally thought it out beforehand.

Yep, I sure would.
See, here's my take on it.

I would love to have a relationship with someone whom I would NOT have to devote a lot of time to, well, because I tend to be a loner, and I have pissed off TWO husbands who don't understand that I like to spend a lot of time alone not b/c I don't like THEM, but b/c I am just a loner by nature.

I also have a horrible sex drive. There are long stretches of time that I could care less that I have no sex, and then there are times, for some warped reason, I would (if possible) have sex every day. Sad to say, these times are terribly rare.
Yeah, I'm a mess.

So, here's how I see it....if I'm with a guy who also has relationships with another woman/man/wom(e)n, whatever....hey, he won't be terribly pissed if'n I want to be alone a lot of the time....win/win? Yeah?

How most people would see this, don't know....probably wouldn't want any parts of it.
You think something like this has been done? Is it even feasible?

I hope I (well, kind of) answered your question w/o completely confusing you....