View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint View Post
Hey kids! Had to make a first post somewhere, and I think this is as good a place as any.

I think I'll just let you all know that I'm a recent college grad living in the northeast US, straight, male, and I've held a more or less polyamorous view on love and relationships for years, significantly longer than I've been acting on it. I'm here to make like-minded friends, maybe some sympathizers in case I ever need them, and hey, maybe even some interested girls that get where I'm coming from... never hurts to keep your eyes open, right? Previous poly-type situations I've been in have run into some unfortunate jealousy issues, so at least I wouldn't have to worry about that with anyone I met here.
Welcome to the board, Saint. Just wanted to note, poly people can and do get jealous. Compersion is the ideal, but it isn't always easy to attain it. I've been on both sides of this. Jealous b/c of certain things my gf did while on a date with a lover, and then, the object of jealousy when I was trying to get a relationship going with a married poly man.

At least here, we can work thru feelings of jealousy and hopefully keep poly relationships going, without being told we have to choose between 2 love objects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint View Post
Thank you kindly, F U.

...as in your name, not "thank you kindly, and also, F U"

LOL! That is a name that is difficult to abbreviate, isnt it?

Where in the northeast are you? I'm in the Boston area.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place. --Shaw

me: Mags, female, pansexual, poly, 59, loving and living with
miss pixi, female, pansexual, poly, 37