View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 07:18 PM

I agree that it is a hard question to answer. So many things that have to be untangled that are not easy to disaggregate. I went through personal hell that led to self reflection and - eventually - self growth that got me to honestly look at a lot of things. Gave me the courage to recraft a life that largely ignored social convention - only part of which is about being Poly. The tumult in all of my life is both the cause and result of that honesty and growth.

For me, asking is it worth being poly is akin to asking is it worth knowing yourself? It is true that ignorance is bliss. But, I'd rather live life fully than be ignorant. Because I am much more closely in touch with who I am, what I need, and what I am feeling, I am both happier and more sad. However, I am more self-aware, fulfilled and purposeful (or "full of purpose").

Saddness is a 1000 times more tolerable in this state than it was without that self-understanding.

OKC Profile

Blogs:
Mind Crush
sloetry

“Instead of getting better and better at avoiding, learn to accept the present moment as if you had invited it. And work with it instead of against it. And making it your ally rather than your enemy.”
-Pema Chodron

Last edited by MindfulAgony; 09-18-2010 at 07:22 PM.