Thread: New to poly
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
How did you eventually deal with the sleeping situation?
Do you have your own room and your own time to sleep in it?
Do you get the time on your own that you need?

I would want my own room for sure! Right now my husband and I and our son live in 1200 square feet. The older our boy gets the more room he seems to need. We have a large yard that he plays in, the whole reason we got this place, but in the winter he takes over the whole house with his energy. We have an apartment below that is the same size as our place which was intended for us both to inhabit one day. When we got married we never expected to share our living space. We ended up like that because of circumstance really. We could take that space over, but it isn't suitable for our situation.... we would have to move if Mono lived with us and us with him.

I'm taking the liberty of responding to this because I brought up the same thing to Mark either earlier in this thread or in another thread about how his wife gets "angry" the morning after he has slept with #3.

I suggested that everyone have their "own" room because that way, it's not like he's "absent" from "their" room and the wives could "visit" him in his room and it would level the field somewhat. Mark shared that they don't have the space for everyone to have their own room unless he slept on the pool table (which stirs the imagination, don't you think?).

At my place, steve and I have been sleeping in separate rooms for the better part of a year. This has come about serendipitously. Initially he would just crash in my mother's old room (which is a lovely feminine shade of pink, I might add) when he came in late, but it didn't take long for us to realize we were both getting better quality of rest without me being woken up by his snoring and him being woken up by his allergies.

I am a big proponent of everyone having their own room, even if you do sleep together occasionally or all the time.