View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
As for meeting local poly groups... yeah. Funny story, that. We have quite a few friends who are poly/non-monogamous/swingers/other, but I've had arguments with my partner over the fact that he is/wants to sleep with ALL of them, which leaves us with NO friends involved in all this that we aren't also sexually involved with. And hence impossible to talk to about my own relationship worries. I get frustrated by that; it takes a lot for me to find that 'zing' - someone can be interesting, attractive, funny, whatever, but there's that indefinable something for me to want to have sex with them or not. Whereas for him, his criteria is basically any woman who is intelligent and good-looking. (Admittedly, that's better than some people!) I suppose that's another thing I need to adjust to.
Welllll, there you go, this being another reason to not fuck all your friends... ha! thanks! this just helped me feel a whole lot better about not doing so. Sorry, I don't think this anything to do with you and everything to do with me and my feelings of feeling sane within my community. There is absolutely nothing wrong with anything you've done, but it does make me feel better that I reserve sexual activities for a select few. thanks for that.

That time between 20's and 30's is an interesting one. Lots of possible things to occur. I think by 40 we kind of expect that there will be changes occurring between 30's and 40's. It's just part of life. I remember at 30 that I was kind of surprised. I turned 40 this past year and was ready to see what change came my way... I did the kid thing, did the family thing, have a career, house blah, blah, blah,,,.... now what. At 30 that is possibly all to come. Interesting to see what will come of your negotiations.