View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 02:14 PM

Husband is meeting "S" for coffee today. They've both made me aware that its cool if I come along, but I don't see the point. She has shared with me why she drinks so much and so often and it only made me twice as wary.
I've told Husband I don't think she is the best choice for the reasons she shared. He gives me these pep talks about how he would have to see her for a really long time before she would be included in the way where her drinking could cause real issues and that she might not drink so much by that time. I see this as a naive view. I see him signing up to be who I was in my last marriage - someone who tries to get a drunk to stop being a drunk while the drunk thinks its no big deal.

No one can make a real prediction on this stuff. Emotions have no defined timeline. He can't make the promise he is trying to make because emotions just happen whether its conveniently timed or not.

Has anyone else had to deal with their partner continuing to see someone that they think will be nothing but trouble? I feel strict over this but it isn't some nameless fear or feeling without reason. I imagine her being over and me right where I was before, being distant.