Thread: My Poly Update
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 04:59 PM

Default My Poly Update

Ok so a few months ago I started lurking around here end eventually posted an intro. I just wanted to give an update on my new poly venture.

When I started out I was the one that approached my husband about polyamory after falling in love with my boss (I know that makes things really weird and complicated with work LOL But so far we have been doing well) My husband was not thrilled at all but willing to give it some thought. He restricted me to no sex until he found a lover which I accepted because I knew it was really asking alot of him. Thats the recap.

...Here's the update.

Hubby has found a girlfriend online who is very cute and VERY young. I'm actually a little conerned about her age as I told him to at least find someone 21 or older. She is still an adult, she's 18(He is 30). They talk online quite a bit and he tells me he has fallen in love with her. She lives out of state so they have yet to meet in person but talk via text, chat and webcam all the time. I am happy for him and she knows every thing that is going on and is ok with it. Though hubby has told me that she has expressed some jealousy of me.

I have talked to her and got to know her a little bit and she is a nice girl. She has goals and dreams that she is trying to achieve. Starting school this fall. It was her that talked hubby into giving me and my bf the green light to be intimate with one another.

Now for the update on me. LOL BF and I have the green light WHOO HOO!!! So excited! The weekend we planned our first night together aunt flow came to visit early UGH! Then my darling bf started having problems with his siadic nerve in his back and was out of work all week. He's finally on the mend and HOPEFULLY will be well enough for some fun this weekend. SHEESH!!! That's what I get for being with an old man LOL (He's 52 I'm 29)

All the while my husband and I have been talking alot about our future with this whole polyamory adventure. We really want our relationships with our SOs to be lifetime relationships and really don't want to be the married/primary couple with rotating secondaries. We have even talked about the possibility of having a baby with his gf (I can no longer have kids) and how would we tell family and what the possible reactions will be. Right now everything is hush hush to everyone, even the kids. Though the kids are already starting to get an idea of what's going on. My bf spends alot of time around them.

Hubby and I have started having more regular date nights in an effort to keep our marriage healthy and intact. We have also started a regular group date night where the three of us go together. If my hubby's gf was in town then she would be included in the group dates.

We are still taking things slowly though I must say that we have all made huge strides in this. Our relationships have grown really fast. I am a little worried about my first night with my bf though. Even though I have my husband's permission now I still worry about how that is going to affect our marriage. This has all been really tough for him to swallow and even though I have his blessing he was really nervous and hesitant to give it.

Hubby and I always say to each other and wonder what the hell we are doing!!! LOL That we are just so weird. BUT So far neither of us feel that this is a bad thing. I'm looking nervously forward to the future.